Worldwide Salary Raises: All Countries and All Jobs
- On the other hand, a junior developer earns an average salary between $69-$79k/yr across the three platforms.
- At the present time, an increasing number of tech projects are combining remote talents with agile methodology to ensure better and faster product delivery…
- While it will need to be slightly balanced against any impending economic downturn, developers are generally more immune from this.
- In most cases, a salary review is conducted once education is completed and the degree has been attained.
- Typically these developers work on the frontend, supported closely by backend developers and other frontend developers who specialize in markup and styling.
Are you an HR manager or compensation specialist?
Developer salaries by role
Regardless of role or region, you can expect to make a decent living as a developer. One trend driving the shift toward a more software-based job market is the rising popularity of Internet of Things devices. Many homes already have everyday devices connected to the internet, such as Alexa, TVs, smart speakers, and even appliances, like refrigerators and ovens. Front-end developers build the parts of websites and applications that users interact with. Experience does play a role, though, as newcomers to the field usually start around $49,000. The average salary for a developer in New York is $116,830, and in Massachusetts, you can bring in an average of $109,130 — both of which are higher than the national average.